Uganda president Yoweri Museveni is expected to deliver a keynote address at Uganda International Oil and Gas summit (UIOGS) in Kampala, Global Events Partners, the organizer of the event has confirmed.
The president will head the government delegation at the Summit expected to link oil industry players in Uganda, the region and stakeholders across the world.
According to Global Event partners, the Uganda government delegation at the September 16-17 Summit will include;
- HE Yoweri K Museveni, President, The Republic of Uganda
- Irene Muloni, Minister of Energy & Mineral Development, Uganda
- Matia Kasaija,Minister of Finance, Uganda
- John Byabagambi, Minister of State of Works and Transport, Uganda
- Dr FA Kabagambe-Kaliisa, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy & Mineral Development, Uganda
- Mr Ernest Rubondo,Head of the Petroleum Directorate, Ministry of Energy & Mineral Development, Uganda
The Summit will focus on the upcoming licensing rounds, with an opportunity to meet with key decision makers from the major operators and the newly formed National Oil Company. In addition to the many Upstream projects the UIOGS programme will give a special insight on the Hoima Oil Refinery
Total, Tullow and CNOOC are already successfully working in Uganda and 16 companies are competing to access a reported 6.5 billion barrels of oil in place in the low-cast Albertine Graben.
UIOGS has been set as a key strategic meeting point for the Ministry to interact with the bidding companies and all companies interested in the surge in activity.
Credit: Global Event Partners