Uganda Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development has registered 17 companies for the Licensing Round for Petroleum Exploration, Development and Production of six blocks in the oil rich Albertine Graben.
According to the Uganda Directorate of Petroleum , the Process of receiving the Request for Qualification ended on June 30, 2015. The Ministry registered seventeen valid applicants out of the Nineteen that honored the call for application.
The selection follows a notice of request for application on February 25, 2015 in which six blocks within the Albertine Graben were presented.
The six blocks included; Ngassa (410 Km2) in Hoima District, Taitai & Karuka (565 Km2) in Buliisa District, Ngaji (895 Km2), Rukungiri & Kanungu Districts, Mvule (344 Km2) in Moyo and Yumbe Districts together with Turaco (425 Km2) and Kanywantaba (344 Km2) in Ntoroko District.
The Ministry will undertake evaluation of the listed companies from 1st to July 30, 2015 and the qualified applicant will be announced on August 10, 2015 , the statement noted.
According to the exploration road map, the proposal for bidding and modal production sharing agreement documents will be issued to qualified applicants in the middle of August 2015.
“Government has planned to award new petroleum exploration, development and production licenses before the end of this year if all goes according to the planned licensing road map,” said Dr F. A. Kabagambe-Kaliisa, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
The list of Companies that expressed interest in Uganda Oil exploration
- Rift Energy Corp from United States of America (USA)
- Mubadala Petroleum of United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- SASOL Exploration and Production International of south Africa
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Videsh Limited (ONGC) of India
- Petoil Limited from Turkey
- Atlas Petroleum International Limited from Nigeria
- Oranto Petroleum International Limited from Nigeria
- Niger delta Petroleum Resources from Nigeria
- Africa Global Resources (Telconet Capital Ltd Partnership-Tatneft-Rostec) JV from Russia
- Petrica Energy As from Norway
- PTT Exploration and Production PCL from Thailand
- Glint Energy LLC of United States of America (USA)
- Rapid Africa Energy (Pty) Ltd of South Africa
- Dragon Oil International Ltd of UAE
- BRIGHTOIL Petroleum Uganda Ltd of Hong Kong/China
- WALTERSMITH PETROMAN of Nigeria
- ARMOUR ENERGY Ltd of Australia
- Swala Energy Ltd of Australia
- Tullow Uganda Operation Pty Ltd affiliated to Tullow Ireland