When every one is talking about Oil in Uganda, these facts should be on our finger tips and any person who has interest in this sector may already know this but well, we thought sharing this may help someone out there who has no clue about the sector.
- Twenty one (21) oil and/or gas discoveries
- Appraisal of 17 fields completed; 4 discoveries reverted to Government
- One Production License (Kingfisher) issued so far
- Estimated 6.5 billion barrels of oil in place
- Approx. 1.4 billion barrels recoverable
- About 500 bcf of Gas
- About 40% of Albertine Graben explored
- Progressing towards development and later production.