BELOW ARE THE JOB DETAILS
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda now invites applications from qualified Ugandans who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes to occupy the following positions in the Authority’s established structure.
1 Director Environment and Data Management
2 Manager Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
3 Manager Data Management
4 Manager Environment
5 Manager Internal Audit
6 Manager Monitoring and Evaluation
7 Manager Technical Evaluation
8 Manager Subsurface
9 Manager Operations and Surface Facilities
10 Manager Refinery, Gas Processing and Utilisation
11 Manager Pipelines and Storage
12 Manager Cost Monitoring
13 Manager Policy and Board Affairs
14 Manager Corporate Affairs & Public Relations
15 Manager Finance
16 Head Procurement and Disposal Unit
17 Senior Geologist (Technical Evaluation)
18 Senior Geochemist
19 Senior Subsurface Geoscientist
20 Senior Operations Engineer
21 Senior National Content Officer: Contracts
22 Senior Corporate Affairs Officer
23 Senior Legal Officer (Contracts, HSE)
24 Senior Databases Administrator
25 Geologist (Operations and Compliance)
26 Geophysicist (Operations and Compliance)
27 Petroleum Officer / Refining Engineer (2 Positions)
28 Petroleum Officer / Pipeline Engineer (2 Positions)
29 Management Accountant
30 Financial Accountant
31 Procurement Officers (2 Positions)
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider online applications submitted through our website. Interested persons are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and follow the link to “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Friday 08th September 2017 at 11:59 pm.
1. ONLY online applications will be considered.
2. Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A’level and O’level certificates and PLE Results Slip.
3. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
4. The list of successful candidates will be published on the PAU website.
5. Applicants whose names shall not appear on the list of successful candidates should consider themselves unsuccessful.
6. Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
7. All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any monies to any applicant during the recruitment process”
PETROLEUM AUTHORITY OF UGANDA